Join Our Team!
Where the ‘Cats go, we go.
We want you to join us at the 24/7 voice of Northwestern athletics! WNUR Sports 89.3 FM is an entirely student-run organization that broadcasts over 150 Wildcat games every year. Whether it’s the Big Ten Football Championship Game, the WNIT or a regular season Tuesday night soccer game, our station will be there with the call! Below are samples of the different work we do from broadcasts, written stories, podcasts and talk shows.
If you’re interested in joining the station, reach out to our sports directors: Kevin Sweeney (KevinSweeney2021@u.northwestern.edu) and Eric Rynston-Lobel (EricRynston-Lobel2022@u.northwestern.edu).
What We Do:
- Broadcast every football game, home and road, and travel with the team to road games
- Serve as the flagship station for women’s basketball and baseball, including traveling with the team for road games
- Broadcast all home games for men’s basketball, volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, softball and lacrosse
- Host podcasts and weekly talk shows about all things ‘Cats
- Write game stories, columns, and pretty much anything you can imagine right here on WNURSports.com
- Darren Rovell: Sports Business Reporter, The Action Network
- Dave Eanet: Play-by-Play Broadcaster, Northwestern Athletics & WGN Sports
- Glenn Geffner: Play-by-Play Broadcaster, Miami Marlins
- Dave Revsine: Lead Studio Host, Big Ten Network
- Steve Weissman: Anchor, NFL Network
For a more comprehensive list of alumni, click here.
Highlights from Northwestern’s wild comeback against Utah in the 2018 San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl:
Highlights of the historic 2019-20 Northwestern women’s basketball season, which saw the ‘Cats win the Big Ten for the first time in 30 years:
For more samples of our broadcasts, click here.
Every Sunday night from 7-9 PM, WNUR Sports takes over the airwaves on 89.3 FM. SportsVoice is the feature show of our Sunday Night Sports Block, and it’s not uncommon for some Northwestern athletes to join us. Here are a couple interviews we’ve done, as well as the best part of SportsVoice, a game we call Pick ‘Em:
Jared Thomas, Northwestern football interview:
Abbie Wolf, Northwestern women’s basketball, joins the show:
Pick ‘Em sample:
For more clips from our talk shows, click here.
We record weekly podcasts for Northwestern football, men’s and women’s basketball and baseball during each team’s season. Here’s one episode of our basketball podcast, Off the Heave:
For more of our podcasts, click here.
Here’s a snippet of the wide variety of work WNURSports.com produces, including features, season recaps, bracketology and more!
They Created the Magic: An Oral History of the 2019-20 Northwestern Women’s Basketball Season:
The Strange History of the Evanston YMCA and Northwestern Basketball:
Volleyball Season Recap: Q&A With Emily Ehman:
WNUR Bracketology 2020 – Week 5:
2019-20 College Football Champions League: The Draw:
The Greatest Virtual Experiment in Northwestern Athletics’ History, Pt I:
For more of our written content, click here.
Join Our Team!
Want to be a part of our station? Reach out to our sports directors, Kevin Sweeney (KevinSweeney2021@u.northwestern.edu) and Eric Rynston-Lobel (EricRynston-Lobel2022@u.northwestern.edu) and let us know. You can come meet members of our station at the Medill Publications Fair on September 21, or just come to a meeting! We meet every Tuesday night at 9:00 p.m. on Zoom.
We hope to see you soon! GO CATS!