Where the ‘Cats go, we go.
We want you to join us at the 24/7 voice of Northwestern athletics! WNUR Sports 89.3 FM is an entirely student-run organization that broadcasts over 150 Wildcat games every year. Whether it’s the Big Ten Football Championship Game, the WNIT, or a regular season Tuesday night soccer game, our station will be there with the call!
What We Do:
- Broadcast every football game, home and road, and travel with the team to road games
- Serve as the flagship station for women’s basketball and baseball, including traveling for road games
- Broadcast all home games for men’s basketball, volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, softball, and lacrosse
- Host podcasts and weekly talk shows about all things ‘Cats
- Write game stories, columns, and pretty much anything you can imagine right here on WNURSports.com
- Darren Rovell: Sports Business Reporter, The Action Network
- Dave Eanet: Play-by-Play Broadcaster, Northwestern Athletics & WGN Sports
- Glenn Geffner: Play-by-Play Broadcaster, Miami Marlins
- Dave Revsine: Lead Studio Host, Big Ten Network
- Steve Weissman: Anchor, NFL Network
Here are a few highlights from broadcasts our students have put together over the years:
“Off the Heave”: Dererk Pardon’s Buzzer-Beater vs Michigan (March 2017)
WNIT: ‘Cats Roar Back to Beat WVU and Advance (March 2019)
You can also find examples of the work we do on our SoundCloud page.
Join Our Team!
Want to be a part of our station? Reach out to our sports directors, Ben Krieger (BenjaminKrieger2020@u.northwestern.edu) and Parker Johnson (ParkerJohnson2020@u.northwestern.edu) and let us know. You can come meet members of our station at the Medill Publications Fair in September, or just come to a meeting! We meet every Tuesday night at 8:00 p.m. in Louis Hall Room 119.
We hope to see you soon! GO CATS!