Join Our Team!
Where the ‘Cats go, we go.
We want you to join us at the 24/7 voice of Northwestern athletics! WNUR Sports 89.3 FM is an entirely student-run organization that broadcasts over 150 Wildcat games every year. Whether it’s the Big Ten Football Championship Game, the WNIT or a regular season Tuesday night soccer game, our station will be there with the call! Below are samples of the different work we do from broadcasts, written stories, podcasts and talk shows.
If you’re interested in joining the station, reach out to our sports directors: Brea Lassek (BreaLassek2024@u.northwestern.edu) and Andrew Neville (AndrewNeville2024@u.northwestern.edu).
What We Do:
- Broadcast every football game, home and road, and travel with the team to road games
- Serve as the flagship station for women’s basketball and baseball, including traveling with the team for road games
- Broadcast all home games for men’s basketball, volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, softball and lacrosse
- Host podcasts and weekly talk shows about all things ‘Cats
- Write game stories, columns, and pretty much anything you can imagine right here on WNURSports.com
- Glenn Geffner: Play-by-Play Broadcaster, Miami Marlins
- Dave Eanet: Play-by-Play Broadcaster, Northwestern Athletics & WGN Sports
- Lisa Byington, Play-by-Play Broadcaster, Turner Sports/Big Ten Network
- Dave Revsine: Lead Studio Host, Big Ten Network
For a more comprehensive list of alumni, click here.
Highlights (with video) from Northwestern lacrosse’s 15-12 victory over Michigan in the second round of the 2022 NCAA Tournament.
Highlights (with video) from Northwestern football’s 35-19 victory over Auburn in the 2021 Citrus Bowl:
Highlights of the 2020-21 Northwestern women’s basketball season, which saw the ‘Cats reach the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2015:
For more samples of our broadcasts, click here.
Every Sunday night from 7-9 PM, WNUR Sports takes over the airwaves on 89.3 FM. SportsVoice is the feature show of our Sunday Night Sports Block, and it’s not uncommon for some Northwestern athletes to join us. Here are a couple interviews we’ve done, as well as the best part of SportsVoice, a game we call Pick ‘Em:
Jared Thomas, Northwestern football interview:
Abbie Wolf, Northwestern women’s basketball, joins the show:
Pick ‘Em sample:
For more clips from our talk shows, click here.
We record weekly podcasts for Northwestern football, men’s and women’s basketball and baseball during each team’s season. Here’s one episode of our basketball podcast, Off the Heave:
For more of our podcasts, click here.
Here’s a snippet of the wide variety of work WNURSports.com produces, including features, previews, bracketology and more!
The Consummate Northwestern Student-Athlete: Erik Mueller’s Quest for Medical School and a College Football Career
From 3,100 Miles Apart to Inseparable Teammates: How Ugo Achara Jr. and Deng Deng Kur Built Northwestern Men’s Soccer’s Most Enduring Friendship:
WNUR Bracketology 2020 – Week 5:
2019-20 College Football Champions League: The Draw:
The Greatest Virtual Experiment in Northwestern Athletics’ History, Pt I:
For more of our written content, click here.
Join Our Team!
Want to be a part of our station? Reach out to our sports directors, Brea Lassek (BreaLassek2024@u.northwestern.edu) and Andrew Neville (AndrewNeville2024@u.northwestern.edu) and let us know. You can come meet members of our station at the Medill Publications Fair in September, or just come to a meeting! We meet every Tuesday night at 9:00 p.m. in Louis Hall, Room 119.
We hope to see you soon! GO CATS!